What better way to introduce myself then to hop on the #25thingsaboutme train:
- Currently hoping I can think of 25 things about me…
- I have been married for almost 8 months to my farmer, we have been together for 5 years this fall.
- Our story of true love begins like all do, online.
- My dating profile stated very few things about me. It went a little something like this… ‘I like coffee, dogs, and New Years Eve (the day, not the movie).’ I did not include a picture because, you know, there are creeps on the internet… (I’m thinking there should be a whole separate post about the continuation of our love story since it might eat up all 25 spots. Stay tuned…)
- My three favourite people in this world are, in no specified order, as follows: My farmer, my Pa, and my dog.
- My Ma is one strong lady who I resemble not only in looks, but in all other aspects as well. Sometimes I open my mouth and my Ma comes out.
- My parents raised me to be hardworking and loyal.
- I was fired from my very first job, working at a grocery store, for being 3 minutes late. I was devastated and thought I would never be gainfully employed again… I was 17 at the time…
- Best job I’ve ever had was working as a barista at a local coffee shop. The worst job ever was working at Payless Shoes while going to college. I have now worked in post-secondary education for the past 7+ years.
- I believe somehow fate has delivered me lessons in every job I have ever had. I’ve met some of my best friends, lost a dear friend too soon, and have had the satisfaction of helping people whether by carrying out their groceries, hand-crafting a delicious caffeinated beverage, selling affordable crappy shoes, or helping them realize their true potential through post-secondary education.
- I resigned from my job today. I am officially ‘unemployed’ for the first time in my adult life. I am scared and ridiculously excited all at the same time. I left my full-time permanent Monday-Friday 9-5 job to pursue my goal in life: Be happy.
- I have hit rock bottom twice in my life. Most recently, May 2017.
- I am no longer ashamed to share my struggles and successes with my mental health.
- I am working on finding a relationship with God. I have not always believe in Him, but I know now He was there to get me through.
- I believe being kind and honest can coexist.
- I practice gratitude on a daily basis.
- I value true genuine relationships with people. Surface level friendships don’t interest me. Small talk makes me squirm.
- In a perfect world there would be sunshine, coffee, dogs and yoga everyday.
- I believe I genetically cannot stay awake through any television show or movie while in the comfort of my own home.
- I am definitely a morning person. 5AM is my JAM!
- I didn’t know the first thing about agriculture when I met my farmer. Through our years of dating, I regret not making a better effort to learn more.
- I am starting to pick up on more and more now. Also, I am DOING more! I have been learning to run some equipment and help out in the field. Being able to help my farmer is SO rewarding.
- When he talks about Ag, his eyes light up and he speaks with passion. It’s one of my favourite things about him.
- I started my Instablog to connect with other women in agriculture in hopes I picked up on what the heck I was supposed to be doing. I am inspired daily by the FarmHers, farm wives, mothers, and downright GIRLBOSS ladies out there in the world of agriculture.
- I am excited for this blog to help me connect with people.
Well, 25 things didn’t seem so hard after all! I thank you for taking the time to get to know me a little better. Tell me some things about you! I want to get to know you better too.
Lovely to find out all these things about you! I am enjoying seeing you on Instagram too. Take care!
Thank you so much!! ❤️