Last night I attended the Lethbridge Local Fashion Show hosted by Great Strides Fine Shoes Lethbridge where multiple local stores showed their beautiful seasonal wears. It was such a lovely evening filled with fabulous shoes, clothing, accessories, and wine! I have mention in a previous Instagram post that on the occasional Saturday you’ll see me at the store owned by my aunt and managed by my cousin admiring/selling all the pretty things. I call this my fun job, I work for shoes! The original store, in Red Deer, has been in operation for 15 years and the Lethbridge store about 6 years. Make sure to check them out on Facebook and Instagram for some major shoe love!
My contribution the to evening was a delicious fall treat. I made the Manitoba Harvest Pumpkin Energy bites. They were easy and quick to make which worked perfect for me as I was running behind all day. I used the Manitoba Harvest Maple and Cinnamon Hemp Heart Toppers to make these little tasty bites. If you haven’t tried these toppers yet, they are a mix of the Pro Hemp Fiber, Hemp Hearts, and delicious sweet organic maple and cinnamon. It tasted just like pumpkin pie only packed with protein, omega-3 and omega-6!
I found the recipe on the Manitoba Harvest website but had to alter a bit since I could not find pumpkin pie spice at the grocery store. When I asked the man at Safeway if they had pumpkin spice, he said ‘Like a latte?’… Here’s my version of the recipe:
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup Maple & Cinnamon Hemp Heart Toppers (plus more for coating the bites)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- Add the dates to a food processor and blend until they are well chopped and start to form a ball.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and blend until everything is well combined.
- Scoop the mixture using a tablespoon or cookie scoop and roll it into balls.
- Add more Maple & Cinnamon Hemp Heart Toppers to a bowl and roll each bite in it until it’s fully covered.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. You can store these bites in the fridge for one week or the freezer for two months.
That’s it, easy as pie! Try them out and let me know what you think!
DON’T FORGET! – You can order your Manitoba Harvest hemp products for 15% off until December 31, 2017! Make sure to use promo code ‘HempAmbassador’