Hey hey hey!
It’s time for another What I Made Wednesday featured guest blog post 🎉 This week my girl Jen from Snake River Acres is sharing her yummy recipe for Meatloaf Lamburgers with us. I don’t think I have ever personally tried lamb before but after seeing this recipe, I am definitely putting it on my list! Thanks for checking out the blog, Enjoy!
Hey everyone, I’m Jen!
I’m a first-generation farmer and shepherdess from Minnesota! Even though I grew up in the city I have always been a farm girl at heart. My farming dreams came true when I married my high school sweetheart, Jamie, the second-generation on the family farm.
Along with Jamie’s family, we raise a flock of Lincoln Longwool sheep. They have unique wool that we sell to hand spinners and fiber artists. Recently, we have ventured into selling lamb meat to individual customers. To learn more about me and our farm, follow on my personal Instagram: jenfroehlich17 or our farm Instagram: snakeriveracres.
I had never had lamb until I met Jamie. Now I don’t know how I lived without it! I’m excited to share my recipe for ‘Meatloaf’ Lamburgers with you. We call them meatloaf lamburgers because crushed crackers are added to the mixture like a meatloaf. There is also BBQ sauce in the mixture, which adds flavor throughout your lamburgers. This is a really simple recipe, and could be used with any ground meat you have on hand. We are usually cooking for a crowd, but this recipe can be easily halved. I really hope you enjoy them!
3 pounds of ground lamb
½ of a medium onion, finely chopped
¼ cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
1 sleeve of crackers
Seasoning of your choice
- First, add your ground lamb to a large bowl.
- Then, finely chop half of a medium onion and add that to your lamb.
- Crack the three eggs right into the bowl with the rest of your ingredients.
- Next, add your BBQ sauce. You can measure it, but I just eyeball it!
- Now take your sleeve of crackers and crush them up inside of the bag. Once you’ve done that add them to your bowl.
- Time to get your hands dirty! Mix all of the ingredients together and form them into patties.
- Sprinkle your seasoning of choice on both sides of your burgers. I highly recommend Magic Swamp Dust, it’s our favorite, but you can use anything you like.
- Cook your burgers. We love to grill them but they could be fried in a pan too!
- Our last step is to eat! Serve them on buns with any toppings that you like.
Thank you for checking out my What I Made Wednesday post!
Agriculture Supports Agriculture Mug by WildRoseFarmer$14.75 – $18.75
Ag Supports Ag Sticker by WildRoseFarmer$5.00 – $7.00
WildRoseFarmer iPhone Case$22.00